Monday 3 November 2014

Dr David Killick attends International Conference on Learning and Teaching, IAFOR

Very stimulating IAFOR conference in Osaka. This was one of the most international conferences on learning and teaching which I have attended for some time. Delegates from such diverse places as Egypt, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Japan, Qatar, Taiwan, and, naturally, Japan. The range of work going on internationally is fantastic to see, and offered some very different perspectives on some key issues, including branch campuses and curriculum internationalisation.

My own workshop attracted a good range of participants - and their critiques of outcomes based approaches were insightful and gave me much to reflect on. I have just arrived in Kobe, and have the luxury of a National Holiday tomorrow - hopefully the rain will stop and the sun come out. While here I look forward to pursuing some research into conceptualisations of learning and teaching among Japanese academics, thanks to the organisation of a friend at Kobe University, before moving on to present at a QS-APPLE conference in Taipei next week. For now - I must check if my washing is ready to take out of the machine.

No comments :

Post a Comment